POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 Oct 2008 12:18:24
Message: <48f374d0$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Saw a big 3-phase motor once, the supply cable was simply stripped back
> and tied around the contacts on the motor!  No cover, nothing.

My favorite are the 3-phase plugs. I had one hell of a time trying to
unplug one, until someone walked up, twisted the plug and pulled it
right out.

Reminds me of the test bench we had set up once. 3-phase from the
wall-socket, neutral screwed to a big steel plate, and 3 phases into
breakers, all nice and well exposed. Some guy from a vendor was out
trying to diagnose some problems we were having with the bus and
electronics on the test rack actually jammed his screwdriver straight
into the contact of one of the phases. That had to hurt :/ Then after he
got jolted pulled out his multimeter to see why the ground plate was
"hot" I just told him he should be more careful when he's holding long
metal objects around hot electrical stuff.

Man, I miss working at the equipment division sometimes. :)

--
~Mike