POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Oct 2008 11:24:29
Message: <48f3682d$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> Through your hands, no. Through othe parts of your body, maybe.

You would have thought holding the two halves in either hand, there'd be
a rather high chance of the current crossing your chest cavity... hell
*I* wouldn't like to try it!

> I've been zapped by mains current once (240V, SA standard). I was trying
> to remove the network cable from a server (10-base-2, coax), and as I
> turned it to unplug it, my wrist brushed against the power cable, which
> was missing insulation right at that point.
> Next thing I was sitting with my back to the wall of the server cupboard
> (1/2 a metre from the server)
>
> I'd been resting elbows on the floor of the cupboard, so the current
> only flowed wrist to elbow, but I couldn't write or type properly for a
> short while afterwards.

I bet that hurt! o_O

Actually, come to think of it, there *was* that time I was trying to
figure out why mum's electric shower wasn't working properly. I took the
cover off and had a look at the circuit board. I couldn't see anything
wrong with it. Of course, all circuit boards run at a mere 5V, so it's
quite safe to touch even thAAAAAARGH!!!! >_<

I guess standing in a fiberglass bath tub saved me. It hurt quite a bit
though. (I mean, it stopped hurting as soon as I let go, but I nearly
headbutted the wall!)