POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: scott
Date: 13 Oct 2008 09:47:59
Message: <48f3518f$1@news.povray.org>
>>   The model used here is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuko
>
> I see. So you can't put your fingers behind the plug while plugging it in
> without shearing your fingertips off. Well, that's another way to solve
> that problem. ;-)

I don't know about Finland, but here in Germany only higher power/earthed
equipment uses the Schuko plug, for lower powered stuff usually the Europlug
is used (which also fits into the Schuko sockets fine of course).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug

You can buy multi-way mains extensions with sockets for combinations of
schuko and europlug, quite handy for eg an office because a lot of equipment
(phone chargers, laptop PSUs etc) uses Europlug and the sockets are much
smaller.

Also from that page above:

"It is, in principle, possible to insert a Europlug into a BS 1363 socket by
inserting another object (such as a screwdriver or key) into the earth hole
first."

:-)