POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Oct 2008 08:48:13
Message: <48f3438d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Fuses do not act fast enough to stop you getting a lethal dose of
> current. That's why RCD devices are used.

Maybe. Personally I'd prefer to avoid having to find out either way. ;-)

>> That worked for about 20 minutes, and then the ends unhooked.
>> Frustrated, my dad picked up the ends again... and then got up off the
>> floor and UNPLUGED THE HEATER before repeating this action. ;-)
>
> Luckily I guess the shock disconnected him from the supply before any
> serious damage was done.

Er, yeah.

The closest thing I've done it touch an electric fence. Jesus, no WONDER
the cattle stay the **** away from that thing! o_O

Of course, it isn't permanently live, it pulses. Was quite funny
watching the class idiot try this, actually. (This was on a different
day.) I walk up to the fence, briefly tap it, and loudly yell "oh, it's
not turned on". Class idiot saunters over and grips it. "Hey, no, it
isn't o-ho-HUGG!" Looked like somebody had just kicked him.

Ah, we really hated that guy...

> if, for some reason, the shock made him grip
> the ends tighter then he would have likely died.  I have seen several
> people who "flick" the end of a wire to see if it is live or not.  I
> think it's the amount of time as well as the current, plus how well you
> are connected to other stuff etc.  PErsonally, I wouldn't want to risk it!

My dad has also been hit by lightning, FWIW.

Basically, the dude is unkillable! >:-D

(And I inherited his genes...)