POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Oct 2008 06:46:55
Message: <48f3271f$1@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c wrote:

> You mean normal for British Isles :-)

Well yeah, *obviously* everywhere that isn't the British Isles is
"abnormal". :-P

</sarcasm>

> You don't feel lonely?

Heh. Well we *are* almost the smallest and least significant country on
the face of the earth. :-/

All the manufacturing happens in other countries. All the brilliant
scientists and mathematicians are from other nations. All the most
significant inventions are from other countries. In fact, about our only
claim to fame - or even significance - is that once upon a time, we
ruled the world. (Or at least a large corner of it.) Kinda depressing, eh?

> BTW the BS1363 is very reliable, gives excellent contact and can pass high
> power.

Not something you think about every day - until you realise that less
civilised countries just use a plain metal stick so it's frighteningly
easy to pull out of the wall, plug in backwards, electrocute yourself
with by touching the pins while inserting/removing, insert random
objects into the socket, etc.

I guess it's like you don't realise how stringent UK health and safety
rules are until you see some pictures on the TV of workers in some
random country using blowtorches and angle grinders without any safety
equipment at all...