POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nokia S60v3 and Linux cli-utils, anyone? : Re: Nokia S60v3 and Linux cli-utils, anyone? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nokia S60v3 and Linux cli-utils, anyone?
From: scott
Date: 13 Oct 2008 05:39:41
Message: <48f3175d$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't care about the official Win-software :p nor car (it's enough to
> get the phone paired with hf-set).

I'm still very annoyed with my S60 phone.  After much research and talking
with Nokia and BMW, it appears that Nokia do not implement the particular
Bluetooth profile in S60 that allows the car to receive the contacts
database from the phone.  There are several "hacks" around on the net, but I
can't get any of them to work.  Nokia basically said to me "it won't work,
and it can't be fixed by a software upgrade".  This is totally ridiculous, I
am really considering going back to my old S40 phone, or looking at
smartphones from companies other than Nokia.

> I'll see what it can do when my phone
> arrives. Nokia webshop guessed it would be 3-5 working days, it now has
> been 7.

I ordered mine through Amazon, it was here in under 24 hours :-)