POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: It's getting better! : Re: It's getting better! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's getting better!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Oct 2008 13:18:52
Message: <48f0dffc$1@news.povray.org>
As in, Widor's Toccata.

No, wait! Come back! Don't all run away. o_O

Well anyway, you know I can play one hand. You know I can play the other
hand. But, after several weeks of effort, I can now play both hands
*together*! :-D

(Well, just about anyway...)

See - or rather, hear - for yourself:

   http://download.orphi.me.uk/Music/G3/WidorToccata-Full01.ogg

I can actually play a bit more of that, just not very fluidly. What, you
think *YOU* can do better?? :-P Be my guest! It's nowhere near as easy
as it sounds...

In other news, I can now play the entire toccata one-handed. (Well,
except for a tiny few bars.) Hear it here:

   http://download.orphi.me.uk/Music/G3/WidorToccata-Main03.ogg

Compared to even the previous recording I released, it's much more fluid
and smooth. And this new recording is about *twice* as long too! That's
because it covers the whole piece. (Only a few parts near the very end
are missing.)

The final chord really doesn't sound right. Maybe that's just because I
don't have any samples for the really low notes; I don't know.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/