POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have I missed something? : Re: Have I missed something? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I missed something?
From: Gail
Date: 11 Oct 2008 05:56:41
Message: <48f07859@news.povray.org>
news:48efacfa$1@news.povray.org...

> Since when is .NET actually important? AFAIK, absolutely nobody on Earth
> actually uses it for any purpose whatsoever.

Excuse me? Read many programming job ads recently? What are the most
requested skills?

There are probably more people priogramming for .net (using the various
languages that compile to it) than for the java virual machine.
Where it changes the game is that now you can write an application, write
come classes in C#, come in VB, some in Ruby, some in deplhi.net and some in
Haskell.
What it gives you is an ability to write the parts of the program that
logically fit in Haskell in Haskett and leave parts (like IO) to a language
that does that well (like C#)