POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So linux actually costs $40 : Re: So linux actually costs $40 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So linux actually costs $40
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 10 Oct 2008 10:25:46
Message: <48ef65ea$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Watching YouTube on a browser on Linux makes the browser really slow
>
>   Yeah, that must be true for *all* linux systems out there because it
> happens to your system.

It can't be, while it doesn't happen on the computer I have at work
(Gentoo x86, Seamonkey, Flash9 (yes, I have a internet-computer with
Flash, that's how I know eg. that it still has memory leaks)
etcetcetc...). In that computer, flash just hangs from time to time and
leaks memory. And yes, Flash is the newest one that Portage offers.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net