POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Gamma correction of input colours/image files : Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files Server Time
3 May 2024 16:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 10 Oct 2008 08:41:21
Message: <48ef4d71$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> however I think the top row looks more like what I'd expect.

Why on earth would you expect the colors to be off?

I'd guess most users want to see the colors they actually chose (of
course, there are many ways to describe spectral power
distributions...). The difference in the two rows was that top spheres
had way too light colors compared to bottom row spheres. So I don't
understand the point in expecting "false" colors.

Of course, I make here some assumptions about light source
color/intensity and tone mapping...