POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : [Plug] It's finally here! : [Plug] It's finally here! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  [Plug] It's finally here!
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Oct 2008 08:08:52
Message: <48ef45d4@news.povray.org>
http://book.realworldhaskell.org/

Real World Haskell, the book that everybody in the Haskell community has
been talking about for months, is finally entering the final stages of
production.

This is Haskell's "One Ring to Rule Them All" master tutorial book. It's
written by the luminaries of the scene, and it's goal is supposedly to
show you how to "solve real-world problems using Haskell". (Apparently
many people still think that Haskell is an academian's language that has
no place in the "real world".)

The full source text of the book is viewable from the link above. I
haven't read it yet, but I'm curios to see if it really succeeds in its
ambitious goals. I personally think Haskell is a fantastic language, but
I'm really not sure it's "ready" for the real world yet. It's still
rather lacking in libraries and documentation...

If you have a lifetime or two to spare, maybe you could have a read
though the opening pages and laugh.