POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Gamma correction of input colours/image files : Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files Server Time
3 May 2024 14:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files
From: scott
Date: 10 Oct 2008 04:26:23
Message: <48ef11af@news.povray.org>
>  I still can't understand why assumed_gamma doesn't fix this. Did you
> even try it in your example?

Yes, assumed_gamma *only* affected the output gamma correction
(display_gamma/assumed_gamma is what is actually used).  Anyway,
assumed_gamma has all but been dropped from v3.7.

What I am asking for, is for the inverse of the output gamma to be applied
to RGB literals and image file *before* the rendering engine gets hold of
them. Currently POV does not do this.