POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Database question (for Gail? :-) : Re: Database question (for Gail? :-) Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:06:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Database question (for Gail? :-)
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Oct 2008 03:35:16
Message: <48ef05b4$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> I think you're really asking for trouble splitting this info up into separate
tables, since it is all account id specific.  You WILL get inconsistent data at some
point.  I'd suggest to just suck it
> up and put all of the columns into one table, like this...

Likely correct. This doesn't really help too much if you don't have
check-constraints tho. Having them in separate tables has the benefit
that you don't need to store the empties for fields that aren't
applicable, and you can add a new type of account without having to frob
the big table. Of course, if it's easy to enforce data consistency one
way and not the other, that pretty much trumps things. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)