POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So linux actually costs $40 : Re: So linux actually costs $40 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So linux actually costs $40
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 9 Oct 2008 10:16:46
Message: <48ee124e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I think you are letting your aversion take over rational judgement
> because you can't concede even one single positive thing about Flash
> (ie. that it makes services like YouTube really practical).

But then again, you don't read me like an open book. As I said, it's a
good idea (ie. that it makes services like YouTube really practical).

>   Well, if you don't want to use Flash, that's your loss.

I don't consider it as loss. The extra work using youtube-dl makes is
nothing compared to hanged browser processes, memory leaks etc.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net