POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a for operator? : Re: Is there a for operator? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a for operator?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 7 Oct 2008 16:50:57
Message: <48ebcbb1$1@news.povray.org>
> There's no "for" but you can use "while" for the same purpose.

Although it would be nice to have a for loop as well. I understand
the concept of semantic sugar, but there must be a reason why every
programming language in popular use has such a construct. And in
SDL in particular I think most loops I've ever seen were actually
counter-based loops (placing objects, subdivide angles, arrays).