POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More random humous : Re: More random humous Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More random humous
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Oct 2008 10:34:55
Message: <48eb738f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> - I have no idea what Erlang does...

You send a message to another process, or receive such a message, which
isn't therefore functional as such. Processing the message is (mostly)
functional, but the behavior of a collection of processes varies with
timing and such.

Plus, there are processes implemented in C which do non-functional stuff
with messages, like write them to stdout.

> (A Haskell "program" takes an infinite list of I/O responses as input, and returns
an infinite list of I/O requests as output.

I remember reading about that a long time ago! :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)