POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay, stress! : Re: Yay, stress! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay, stress!
From: Shay
Date: 7 Oct 2008 10:31:53
Message: <48eb72d9$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:42:18 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> I am rapidly losing the will to live here... So many unrecorded
> changes happening without me knowing about it... How am I supposed
> to keep this stuff straight?

Have you considered doing something besides geek stuff for a living? I'm
sure you're good at it, but it seems to cause you a lot of stress. There
are a lot of things I am good at and/or love doing which would make me
miserable were I to try and do them for a living.

Think about it this way. A person is considered hyper-religious if he
spends three hours a week in church. A few hours a week in the garage
make you a hot-rodder. Ten hours a week watching porn or playing video
games could get you an intervention from your friends. A Nascar fanatic
might go to three races in an entire year. YOU ARE AT WORK AT LEAST 40
HOURS A WEEK! Your job, as much as many hate to admit it, is a very big
part of who you are. Programming, network-administrating, etc. might not
be enough to sustain you for 40 hours a week.

I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading that you are learning c++
because your preferred language won't advance your tech career. There are
other avenues.

 -Shay