POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay, stress! : Re: Yay, stress! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay, stress!
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Oct 2008 08:42:09
Message: <48eb5921$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yes, because upper management are more likely to believe me than
>> believe the Senior Director of IT. Oh, wait...
>
> Why don't you try? Don't point the finger at your boss; just couch the
> complaint in broad terms and point out that the changes are undocumented
> - that in itself is probably a serious breach of whatever protocols the
> company has in place to maintain network integrity.

Well, it's in breach of the UK's procedures. Apparently the procedures
they have in the US mean it's perfectly permissible to do this - which
is why (I suspect) nobody thought to ask first. The guy is talking about
"harmonising" the procedures at all sites - which I suspect means doing
away with pesky inconviniences like recording what you did.

Never the less, until such time as the procedures are changed, *I* am
held responsible for following the procedures as currently written. When
all this is over, it won't be my boss's head on a platter, it will be
mine. He'll be many thousand miles away by then.

> Incidentally, I had a problem many years ago (1986 iirc) with a boss who
> consistently opposed everything I tried to do. I did exactly what I
> advised you to do. Result - she walked, I got promotion

Heh. I think *I* should walk! But we already know that one... ;-)