POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgrade [Drool] : Re: That was scary o.O Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That was scary o.O
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 4 Oct 2008 17:52:59
Message: <48e7e5bb@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> Not fun.
> Worst I had was not seating the CPU properly then switching the machine
> on. The system did nothing. No beeps, nothing on screen, zip.

1999 oslt, I had just fried ~half of my summer-job payment to new
hardware (AMD K6-2 350MHz, MoBo, 128MiB SDRAM DIMM etc). I carefully
loaded the set to my case, checked everything and re-checked everything.
I flipped the switch and the light at the ceiling of the room came out.

That kind of... hmm.. freaked me out a bit.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net