POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 : Re: SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSE2 or non-SSE2? beta 29 put SSE2
From: Warp
Date: 4 Oct 2008 05:45:07
Message: <48e73b23@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <omniverse charter net> wrote:
> That's how I noticed this install had already done it for me, so I wanted to
> point that out here if it wasn't done so by design. Common sense tells me
> the installer would use the non-SSE2, so I was wondering if this was the
> intent or if somehow the installer knew I used SSE2 almost exclusively-- or
> selects it from CPU info it finds.

  I don't know if the current beta installer chooses the executable based
on the platform, but it would certainly make sense if it did so. (In other
words, if this was just an oversight and it *always* chooses that sse2
executable because of an oversight, then I think it would be a good idea
to actually make it choose the executable based on the platform.)

--
                                                          - Warp