POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgrade [Drool] : Re: Upgrade [Drool] Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrade [Drool]
From: Gail
Date: 3 Oct 2008 11:30:19
Message: <48e63a8b@news.povray.org>
news:48e3a9aa$1@news.povray.org...
> Gail wrote:
>> Yes. 32 and 64 apps running fine. That's games, graphics stuff, dev
>> stuff. I've had no problems with apps at all.
>
> Good to know.  I was just thinking about how I'm going to upgrade my aging
> machine.

I have however had problems with drivers, even ones that are supposed to
work on Vista 64.
Ever since I installed the wireless network card and drivers, my machine
frequently hangs on bootup. They're supposed to work, but I get the feeling
it was a half-done job for an older card.

> Has anyone used an XBox as a media center extender on Vista? I've still
> got an N64 and a 15-year-old TV downstairs. Time to upgrade that too
> maybe.

No. On my list of things to do is to 'persuade' the Xbox to talk to the
Server 2003 machine.