POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's that tocatta again... : Re: It's that tocatta again... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's that tocatta again...
From: m a r c
Date: 3 Oct 2008 08:21:05
Message: <48e60e31$1@news.povray.org>

48e5d9cb$1@news.povray.org...
> Almost all the videos on YouTube, the intro sounds fairly OK, but as soon
> as the bass comes in the sound becomes distorted as hell.
>
> I guess camcorder microphones aren't so hot? ;-)

I  meant large membrane condenser professional microphones.
like http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5303
They are rather heavy and very sensitive
You can't have those mounted on hand held camcorders :-)
In addition, youtube files are the most often heavily compressed with a big
loss of quality.
Don't forget the last link of the chain : end listener speakers.
I you listen on mean multi-media speaker, don't wonder why you don't hear
32' pipes fundamental frequencies :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swell_box

>>> 6. What are all the metal spikey things dotted around the foot pedels?
>>
>> A SAM battery to dissuade the player from playing wrong notes (never hear
>> of Stalin's Organs?)
>
> o_O
>
>> No seriousely there are foot commanded stops
>
> ...foot commanded stops...?!

Didn't you notice that your hands are sometimes rather busy while playing
organ ?

Marc