POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One thing I hate about youtube : One thing I hate about youtube Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  One thing I hate about youtube
From: Warp
Date: 2 Oct 2008 17:22:01
Message: <48e53b79@news.povray.org>
... at least if you have cookies enabled for it.

  If someone gives you a link to a version of youtube which is not the
default english one, let's say for example nl.youtube.com/watch?whatever
and you go there with your web browser, from that time forward you will
be STUCK with the Dutch version of youtube, and you will not be able to
get rid of it, except by deleting the youtube.com cookies. From that
moment whenever you go to youtube (eg. just "youtube.com"), it will
automatically jump to nl.youtube.com, and show you the Dutch version.
You can try to select the English language, but for some reason the
next time you go there, you will again be in the Dutch version, with
all text in Dutch. I have so far not found any way of getting rid of this
other than going to the cookie manager and deleting the youtube cookies.

  This is extremely annoying and braindead. Why do they think that if
you jump to nl.youtube.com, that would mean that you want to see everything
in Dutch from that point forward? Can't they understand that people post
links to youtube everywhere, and that people click on those links? Their
language setting will be permanently screwed up (until they delete their
cookies, at least).

--
                                                          - Warp