POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Alain
Date: 2 Oct 2008 15:22:16
Message: <48e51f68$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin nous illumina en ce 2008-10-02 13:02 -->
> Mathuin wrote:
>
>> This same thing has bugged me, but disabling UAC is not an acceptable
>> solution
>> in my situation.  Is there any chance of a better solution which works
>> within
>> the operating system instead of requiring interference with security?
>
> I don't have Vista, but I wonder if it would object if you
> just specified a location within your personal %APPDATA% folder
> as installation target for the POV installation. Then the INI
> files should be writable. Just for one user, of course.

The common workaround is:

Refuse the default install path.
Install POV-Ray in a custom, user defined folder.
It can be something like: D:\MyGraphicPrograms\POV-Ray\

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you keep a blacklist of people who