POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very long post : Re: Very long post Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very long post
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Oct 2008 05:39:21
Message: <48e496c9$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> This is basically what I did - and it worked exactly right 95% of the
> time. But if you bracket your expressions in odd (but valid) ways, it
> complains.

Ah-HAH!

I know what I did wrong. I was looking for brackets at *every* level of
precidence. The correct behaviour is to look for them *only* at the
lowest precidence level. Otherwise one of the higher levels gobbles them
up, and then complains that the seperator is a lower-precidence
operator. Oops.

OK, now I can bracket my expressions in all sorts of weird ways and the
parser always seems to give me the correct answer. (But I've said that
before!) Hmm, I might have to see about writing a formal test harness to
check whether it "really is" working properly this time...