POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delphi : Re: Delphi Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delphi
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 1 Oct 2008 22:01:26
Message: <48e42b76$2@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> "Saul Luizaga" <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
>
>> Well Gail, just for my University only, PIC and other integrated
>> circuit handling from the PC and to calculate some circuit's equations
>> or some other telecommunication algorithms for projects or assigments
>> and some statistics nothing big/professional, I would say
>> hobby/self-teaching/want-to-stop-being-a-NOOB-programmer kinda
>> motivation :).
>
> I'd say Java or C# then. They're complex, but once you have an
> understanding it'll go a long way to learning other languages if you want.
> Get a book though. Learning by yourself is not the way to go with these
> languages.
>
> Though if yiou're rabidly anti-MS, that means that C# is out too. Pity,
> cause it's actually a nice language. Designed by the same person who did
> Delphi.
I see...

But you see, what I meant in my first post about C++ was that you can
make and entire program in the HEADER of a for loop, I stand correct,
and other structures; in the header? really? that is way too... crazy? I
know this coz I was trying to learn C++ from a book, and taking this
powerful abstractions the language was simple and very understandable, I
really liked, but also was discouraged by the perspective that you'd
need a fair number of hours to do things in a efficient time frame, I
think, so maybe Haskel is the way to go for now.

One pro of C++/C# is that in every job requisite list I see:
programming/mastering C++ a plus. I rarely see they mention any other
language, and Haskel? never read/heard about it until this thread (sry
OrchidXPv8).

One more small favor can you briefly tell me the difference between C++
and C#, what improvements did this person to C#? Almost everyone here
has recommended it and no comments saying otherwise have been post, so
it must be powerful, I have no doubt, but I'd like to know that
difference to have a more complete opinion about C Language.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice.

Best Regards.