POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV for Unix? : Re: POV for Unix? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV for Unix?
From: Alessio Sangalli
Date: 1 Oct 2008 19:26:15
Message: <48e40717@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Any and all *betas* will keep having the time-bomb. (and that's not under
> discussion)

I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings - please anyway, consider a
more extended period of time for the bomb, so that people will always
be able to try out a beta version before it is expires and no new
version is available for download. I realize this question and the
licensing issues are a very hot topic, I do not want to discuss or
express disagreement - I would only like to be able to test new POV-ray
versions, that's it.

By the way: in legal terms, is it allowed/tolerated to patch the code
(it seems very easy) to disable the bomb?

bye
as