POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ questions : Re: C++ questions Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ questions
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 1 Oct 2008 13:58:47
Message: <48e3ba56@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I honestly don't understand what that is trying to say. I have no
> experience (either personal or indirect) in C++ bugs being more severe
> than C bugs.

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
when you do it blows your whole leg off".

"Yes, I said something like that (in 1986 or so). What people tend to miss,
is that what I said there about C++ is to a varying extent true for all
powerful languages. As you protect people from simple dangers, they get
themselves into new and less obvious problems. Someone who avoids the
simple problems may simply be heading for a not-so-simple one. One problem
with very supporting and protective environments is that the hard problems
may be discovered too late or be too hard to remedy once discovered. Also,
a rare problem is harder to find than a frequent one because you don't
suspect it."

from Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ FAQ.