POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgrade [Drool] : Re: Upgrade [Drool] Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrade [Drool]
From: scott
Date: 1 Oct 2008 09:05:17
Message: <48e3758d@news.povray.org>
> I haven't used an NVIDIA card personally, but have read good reviews
> regarding their Linux and OpenGL support.  What about their Windows
> drivers?  Are they as bloated as the ATI drivers?

I have used nVidia cards exclusively since 3Dfx died.  I don't know how to
determine the "bloatness" of my video driver.  I occasionally install the
latest update if a game/program requires it, but apart from that I don't
even notice it on my system (I wouldn't even know where half the files it
installs are put!).  It gives you a "nVidia control panel" thingy where you
can change all the options, but that's pretty slick and does exactly what it
says.