POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : transparent preview window and allscene.sh : Re: transparent preview window and allscene.sh Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparent preview window and allscene.sh
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 30 Sep 2008 22:11:41
Message: <48e2dc5d$1@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly wrote:
> Nicolas Calimet wrote:
>
>>> 1. In the preview window black comes up as transparent, so the
>>> underlying
>>> windows are visible. That is of course anoying.
>>

>>     Which version of POV-Ray are you using?  If 3.6.x, are you talking
>> about
>> the background color of the preview display or any black pixel in the
>> rendered
>> image?
>

> I have the same issue: the preview display is OR'ed with background pixels.
>
> preview on black: okay
> preview on white: invisible
>
> Dan

I had the same problem when I recently intalled Fedora 9 and loaded the
Nvidia driver (from Nvidia).  But disabling the "real" Nvidia driver and
going back to the generic Linux version it displayed properly.  Looks
like a video driver problem.  This was with standard POV-Ray 3.6.1.

Currently I'm still mainly using an earlier Fedora and just playing with
9 before deciding to switch to it or not.  (I like to check out
different Linux distros -- right now I have 6 different distros
installed.  Long story and off-topic to describe my system.)   :-)

      -=- Larry -=-