POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgrade [Drool] : Re: Upgrade [Drool] Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrade [Drool]
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Sep 2008 14:40:36
Message: <48e272a4$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> I'm planning on installing a mid-level DX10 GeForce card into it for my
> gaming pleasure (something that *might* run flight sim decently)

Hmmm. No, no. that won't work. :(

After looking up the tech specs I built and priced, it turns out it's
PCIe 1x (16x seems to be the standard for just about any decent video
card) The next series up does have 16x (32x, I believe, actually), but
the price is closer to 1000.  Still not a bad deal, but it means I'll be
holding off for a while before I put down the cash on that one.

In the meantime, I found a nice AGP card that will probably boost gaming
performance nicely using the Radeon 3850 chipset.

--
~Mike