POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress on the fractal front : Re: Progress on the fractal front Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress on the fractal front
From: stbenge
Date: 29 Sep 2008 16:22:27
Message: <48e13903@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>   x = real(z);
>   y = imag(z);
>   z = {x*x - y*y, 2*x*y};
>
> off the top of my head...

I checked around and found ChaosPro(free), which allows one to build
expressions like the one you placed above. It uses a C-like syntax which
is just fine with me :) You can built your own functions. For instance,
I made new min() and max() functions to manipulate complex numbers. Now
if I can just replicate the same fractal I posted here with the program
:/ I came up with something which looks like it superficially, but upon
closer examination, looks like a cheap knock off. Less detail... I must
be doing something wrong. (like staying up till three working on
fractals ;))

> The fun part - apparently - is getting FractInt to actually run any
> more. Being an old MS-DOS program that manually frobnicates the video
> hardware in advanced ways, it doesn't tend to run very happily under
> Windoze. (Indeed, you might have more luck with the Linux port...)

It pisses me off that MS dropped DOS. Now all I can do is run this lousy
DOS-box. It supports some games, but not any programs I have made to run
under DOS SVG modes >:(