POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for people with disabilities : Re: POV-Ray for people with disabilities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for people with disabilities
From: Warp
Date: 29 Sep 2008 15:04:23
Message: <48e126b6@news.povray.org>
Rick Berger <rbe### [at] rogerscom> wrote:
> I'm interested in the use POV-Ray by people who have limited hand
> dexterity because of some physical condition or disability that limits
> their ability to use a mouse or any other type of pointing device. I
> think POV-Ray would allow a segment of kids with disabilities to
> experience and become involved in the real world of design and building.
> Does anyone know of anybody using POV-Ray for this purpose?

  I don't know if POV-Ray is being used for that purpose, but if I'm not
mistaken one of the early POV-Ray developers had physical disabilities,
but that didn't stop him from making a wonderful job at participating in
the development of POV-Ray and contributing significant important features.
Disabilities are certainly not an obstacle to programming or, in this case,
computer graphics.

--
                                                          - Warp