POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress on the fractal front : Re: Progress on the fractal front Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress on the fractal front
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Sep 2008 06:27:28
Message: <48e0ad90$1@news.povray.org>
>> I was actually kidding.
>
> You got me :) but I've seen a Mandelbrot in ASCII art.

And there is, in fact, a Haskell program from Warp that generates one.
(He's learning Haskell, apparently.) Obviously, being a beginner's
program, it's not really useful for much other than learning about
Haskell - so my suggestion to use it instead of FractInt was the part I
was joking about.

>> (But if you have a look at the Haskell groups on this news server...)
>
> Lordy, there is a lot there :)

There is indeed a lot there - and much of it is from a Finnish guy, but
I'm fairly sure there's no Lordy in there. ;-)