POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Implicit loops in function(x,y,z) : Re: Implicit loops in function(x,y,z) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:36:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Implicit loops in function(x,y,z)
From: Warp
Date: 28 Sep 2008 10:25:05
Message: <48df93c1@news.povray.org>
CoucouHibou <wai### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> Does anyone know any simple means to go round this problem?

  Currently user-defined functions do not support arrays. I don't think
there's any way around this limitation.

> Otherwise, I read some things about the 'density_file' and df3 files. It seems
> like that kind of stuff could work for my interpolation, but also that it can
> only be used in the scattering media. Is it possible to generate a function
> from that?

  You can create a pattern from a df3 file, and consequently you can create
a pattern function from one. You can then call this pattern function with
spatial coordinates and it will return the value of the df3 at those
coordinates (interpolated).

--
                                                          - Warp