POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ questions : Re: C++ questions Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ questions
From: Slime
Date: 27 Sep 2008 04:23:35
Message: <48dded87$1@news.povray.org>
> Copy...constructor...? x_x
>
> Heh. And I thought figurating out the difference between a const pointer
> and a pointer to a const was hard!

It seems like you're learning a lot of language features, one after another.
If I were you I'd slow down a bit, take what you know already, and find
something fun to do with it. Make a text based adventure game or something.
The key is to find a hook that keeps you interested, so you start to use the
language in a more real manner, and then you learn features as you find you
need (or want) them.

On the other hand, if your motivation is to master the intricacies of the
language, then do that. Just don't burn yourself out trying to learn one
thing after another. It's a lot like math - they don't teach fractions to
first graders because they need to spend time learning addition and
subtraction to fully master the concepts.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]