POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : End of the world delayed until spring : Re: End of the world delayed until spring Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: End of the world delayed until spring
From: somebody
Date: 26 Sep 2008 11:06:38
Message: <48dcfa7e$1@news.povray.org>
"Mueen Nawaz" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message

> I can see you did not bother answering how much you'd like to see
> medical research get before you're willing to be OK with spending $10
> billion for the LHC.

That's easy: $100,000 billion.

And that's a very low figure when you think about it. Even if it only saves
10 lives (gross, gross underestimate), I'm saying that the value of one
human's life to me is about the same as satisfying the curiousity of about
1000 or so physicists. If you were faced with such a dilemma and were given
a two buttons, which one would *you* push?