POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : End of the world delayed until spring : Re: End of the world delayed until spring Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: End of the world delayed until spring
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 25 Sep 2008 19:36:38
Message: <48dc2086$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> That's the most absurd, as well as most interesting thing I've read in a
> while, so I'd like to understand this line of thought better. Do you not
> care about your own existance? Alternatively, how do you plan on enjoying or
> getting satisfaction from the fruits of hundereds of years long investment?

	I care quite a bit about my own existence. That's why I invest in it.
Is it hard for you to understand that folks don't need to invest every
single penny to their own existence? That they might actually spend a
portion elsewhere?

	I can see you did not bother answering how much you'd like to see
medical research get before you're willing to be OK with spending $10
billion for the LHC.

	The more I look at your statements in this thread, the more I suspect
that your concern is not medical research. It's that you feel $10
billion shouldn't be spent on this regardless of what is spent
elsewhere, and that the appeal to cancer and aging research was just a
guise to provide legitimacy.

--
AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl