POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Women and Hammers : Re: Women and Hammers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Women and Hammers
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Sep 2008 14:02:31
Message: <48dbd237@news.povray.org>
>> 1. You sharpened the blade? I've never seen anybody do that, ever.
>
> Its a good thing to do occasionally. This way it cleanly cuts the grass,
> rather than shredding it.

Oh, OK. I just assumed it was impossible for a mower to work well...

>> 2. The mower isn't electric?
>
> There's electric mowers? I'd be a bit paranoid about running over the cord.

The cord is neon orange for a very good reason. In all my years of being
alive, I have almost never seen a petrol mower (except the big
industrial ones for mowing parks and greens and such). I have also never
seen anybody actually cut their power cord while mowing either.

When was the last time you ran your vacuum cleaner over the power cord?
Or is that petrol-powered too? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/