POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Women and Hammers : Re: Women and Hammers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Women and Hammers
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 25 Sep 2008 12:49:24
Message: <48dbc114$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> 1. You sharpened the blade? I've never seen anybody do that, ever.

Its a good thing to do occasionally. This way it cleanly cuts the grass,
rather than shredding it.

Whats real fun is to run a thatch blade over a lawn. Actually buying one
got incredulous looks from the "know-it-all" at the hardware store who
proceeded to lecture me about how he's been mowing his lawn for some 15
years and never needed one.

Bermuda grass needs to be thatched occasionally, or it strangles the
soil. That year, I had the nicest, lushest, greenest lawns on the block,
though it looked like hell immediately after the dethatching.

> 2. The mower isn't electric?

There's electric mowers? I'd be a bit paranoid about running over the cord.

--
~Mike