POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Women and Hammers : Re: Women and Hammers Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Women and Hammers
From: scott
Date: 25 Sep 2008 08:41:05
Message: <48db86e1$1@news.povray.org>
> I started getting busy with fall chores, one of them service the lawn
> mower. I'd got the blade off to be sharpened, drained the oil and refilled
> it, then the firewood guy shows up. I still had to change the spark plug
> but needed to go help with the unloading. The wife decided to be helpful
> and when she couldn't get the spark plug to budge with the socket wrench
> she takes a hammer to it!!!!! Lord help me ..... what's a guy to do?

Teach her to use her foot, or show her how you can attach a length of piping
to the wrench to get a better mechanical advantage.  I find that 1 metre
usually undoes most things (unfortunately it also undid the top of a bolt
from the bolt itself once, but hey).

OTOH, it's cool that a) she tried to help out on something like that without
even being asked, and b) that she had a rough idea what needed doing.  My
other half wouldn't have a clue, and even if you paid her wouldn't go
anywhere near something loud and dirty like a mower.