POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ questions : Re: C++ questions Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ questions
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Sep 2008 00:21:55
Message: <48db11e3@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>     Yes, I seem to recall that it's true for static variables as well
> (in C++ - not sure about C).

I hedged my bets, not knowing whether statically allocated instances of
a class with a constructor invoked the constructor. I'm pretty sure it
does, but I didn't feel like trying to google it up. :-)  Maybe it
initializes to zero everything before it invokes the constructor or
something. (Which I would suspect, given that it's often the OS that
does that initialization as it allocates the pages.)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)