POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : End of the world delayed until spring : Re: End of the world delayed until spring Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:42:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: End of the world delayed until spring
From: somebody
Date: 24 Sep 2008 20:26:13
Message: <48dadaa5$1@news.povray.org>
news:48da8c38$1@news.povray.org...

> Who made the decision to spend 10 billion dollars? If it was the
> scientists, then what do you care? It's their 10 billion dollars.

I much doubt that LHC was built from pocket change donated by scientists,
nor do I think scientists there work for free. It is the other way;
taxpayers financially support scientists, scientists give us knowledge in
return. As such, taxpayers have a right to question decisions by scientists
and need to have a say in what kind of knowledge will benefit them most.