POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : End of the world delayed until spring : Re: End of the world delayed until spring Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: End of the world delayed until spring
From: somebody
Date: 24 Sep 2008 14:41:19
Message: <48da89cf@news.povray.org>
news:48da7aaf@news.povray.org...
> somebody wrote:

> > * Moon program (or in general, manned space exploration programs)
are/were
> > huge wastes of funds as well. If there were any merits to it, we would
have
> > visited the moon in the last 40 years.

> We came, we saw, we conquered. Why go back?

Exactly. It wasn't science, it was show.

> > * Hence my question, what possible practical expectation is there from
this
> > experiment? Feel free to ask around. No honest scientist will give you
an
> > answer.

> The Higgs boson is what gives matter mass. A good understanding of that
> may settle research into a number of questions that have practical
> applications for things like faster-than-light travel, reduction of
> inertia, and so on, I'd expect.

You really do? Please do explain. Extraordinary claims such as FTL require
extraordinary evidence. You cannot put the onus on me, if you really have
such expectations, do share. I'm afraid, however, fantasy is not enough of a
justification in this matter.