POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pixel position from 3D coordinates : Re: Pixel position from 3D coordinates Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixel position from 3D coordinates
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Sep 2008 11:27:08
Message: <48da5c4c@news.povray.org>
Slagheap wrote:
> How do I know where (in output-image pixels) to make my image slices for each
> game piece?

Why not render the positioned pieces into an image file with a
background color that none of the pieces have (black, transparent,
bright green, etc) and then write a program to find the pixels farthest
north, south, east, and west, and that will give you the 2D bounding
box?  Or did I not understand the question?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)