POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very long post : Re: Very long post Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very long post
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Sep 2008 12:26:29
Message: <48d918b5@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Just for giggles, I started trying to implement this in Java. But I
> quickly ended up with 13 classes, almost all of which are about 5 lines
> long.

Java is the kingdom of nouns. Functions are second-class citizens. Even
downward funargs need to be associated with a class, even if it's
anonymous and only has one function and no instance variables in it.

Of course implementing a functional application in Java is going to
suck. :-)

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)