POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Sep 2008 16:28:36
Message: <48d7fff4$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Think about touch typists, they never look at the keyboard. Think about
> when you read some text.

Yeah, but a QWERTY keyboard has roughly 100 keys right next to each
other. A piano keyboard as about 100 keys, some several feet away from
others! ;-)

> You only need parctice. When reading a partition as you play it, you
> need to read about 1 bar ahead of time.
> With time, you'll be able to know what a given note is without
> "climbing" up/down.

Yeah, I really can't read music very well any more. I used to, but not
now. I'm far too slow at it to even think about reading music in
near-realtime. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/