POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
10 Oct 2024 04:40:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 22 Sep 2008 14:11:12
Message: <48d7dfc0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> m_a_r_c wrote:
>> Next stage the 16th notes arpeggio? >:-)
>
> Hey, I can do that too... just... not at the same time! :-}
>
> The music you heard is already using both of my hands! (Remember, I
> don't have a set of pedals to use.) I could try using my computer to
> composite the parts together, but I rather suspect I'm going to run out
> of octaves.
>
> (Regardless of how many octaves my keyboard has, the computer only has
> samples for 5 octaves. It seems silly to speak of "only" 5 octaves, but
> this *is* organ music...)
>
> Anybody have any bright ideas about how I get my hands on a real pipe
> organ to try this stuff out?

I have seen a piano reduction of this score that had the left hand doing
both the pedal and left hand parts from the organ score, and it didn't
look like it was too much more difficult than the left hand would be
from the pure organ score.  With a bit of work you should probably be
able to figure out how to achieve a similar effect.