POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes, Haskell wins : Re: Sometimes, Haskell wins Server Time
10 Oct 2024 00:03:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sometimes, Haskell wins
From: Warp
Date: 22 Sep 2008 08:47:00
Message: <48d793c4@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> So it's more correct, has more features, and runs faster. I call that a win!

  But is it better specifically because it was made in Haskell, or is it
better simply because they made it better?

  If I make a Java version which supports a few more formats and is faster
than the Haskell version, does that mean that Java wins Haskell, or does
it mean I spent more time making it better? And if I make a C++ version
which is even faster, does that mean C++ wins all?

--
                                                          - Warp