POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fruits of my labour : Re: The fruits of my labour Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fruits of my labour
From: m a r c
Date: 22 Sep 2008 05:02:19
Message: <48d75f1b@news.povray.org>

48d751b4$1@news.povray.org...

> Wise words from Master Coda. (Get it??)
May the Fourth be with you ;-)

> Mind you, I'm recording a MIDI file. It would be fairly trivial to go back
> and edit it to make it sound perfect. But all that really does is
> demonstrate that *the machine* can play it OK, which we already know! ;-)
As this one?
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKRu-3zvEU

Better by Marie-Claire Alain though :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvPgKecORl8

> The music you heard is already using both of my hands! (Remember, I don't
> have a set of pedals to use.) I could try using my computer to composite
> the parts together, but I rather suspect I'm going to run out of octaves.

There are separate MIDI foot keyboards but usually only one octave range.

> (Regardless of how many octaves my keyboard has, the computer only has
> samples for 5 octaves. It seems silly to speak of "only" 5 octaves, but
> this *is* organ music...)

Don't you have 32 feet stop samples?

> Anybody have any bright ideas about how I get my hands on a real pipe
> organ to try this stuff out?

Make friend with the closest church organist or check if there are organ
classes in your area maybe

Marc